Literary Quote of the Month

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies," said Jojen. "The man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin, A Dance With Dragons

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

The Tiny Book of Tiny Stories Volume 1 by Joseph Gordon-Levitt… A Review

"The universe is not made of atoms; it’s made of tiny stories."


With the quote above opens The Tiny Book of Tiny Stories Volume 1 by Joseph Gordon-Levitt, who invited people around the world to contribute small one or two line stories to his online website, HitRECord.org. And people did, 8500 people submitted little stories for this volume alone! The result of which are these 40 charming, poignant, funny, sometimes silly little stories and which, by the way, are also illustrated by other contributors. 

I absolutely loved this little book! It's size is just as tiny as its' stories at 4 x 6, and would make a perfect "tiny" little gift. I enjoyed the illustrations that accompany the stories too. It's a book that I found myself leafing back through after finishing it to enjoy the small little sentiments over and over again.

Even though I borrowed this from my local library, I guess I'll be adding this one to the permanent shelves anyway! Definitely a little gem in the stacks! (And if you like this volume, there are 2 more volumes already!)

No comments:

FSB Media Book Blogger Directory
my read shelf:
Suzanne's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
First To Read
Reviews Published
Professional Reader
Challenge Participant