Literary Quote of the Month

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies," said Jojen. "The man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin, A Dance With Dragons

Friday, January 1, 2016

First Book of the Year… 2016!


Happy New Year! It's another year filled with anticipation and excitement of what lies ahead! For a reader it's the start of new places to explore, people to meet and new things to discover all courtesy of someone we probably will never meet… the author.

The last two years, I joined Sheila from the Book Journey's First Book of the Year Event and have loved it so much! I joined again this year! It is so much fun decided on what book you want to start your year with! And it's fun to see what everyone else chose too!

The book I'm choosing this year is The Japanese Lover by Isabel Allende. It's a story of star-crossed lovers who through WWII and many generations still keep their love a secret and alive. The Japanese Lover has gotten great reviews and I've been meaning to read it for a long time. My Secret Elf this year sent me a copy of this wonderful book (Thank you again Secret Elfster!) and I am so happy to be starting my reading year with it!

What will be YOUR first book this year?! Want to know what everyone else is reading?! Go to Book Journey and SEE for yourself! Thanks Sheila for hosting this great event another year!

2 comments:

Laura at Library of Clean Reads said...

What a creative pic of you and your book!! This books sounds awesome. Added to my TBR list which has grown considerably visiting all the posts on Best Reads and First Book of the Year.

Laura @Library of Clean Reads

Suzanne Yester said...

Hi Laura!
Yes, when I opened the book to take the photo for the First Book of the Year collage, I noticed that I might be able to have a little fun with it! I have an a growing TBR list too! Having friends who read is dangerous! Thanks for stopping by!

FSB Media Book Blogger Directory
my read shelf:
Suzanne's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
First To Read
Reviews Published
Professional Reader
Challenge Participant