Literary Quote of the Month

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies," said Jojen. "The man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin, A Dance With Dragons

Saturday, May 14, 2016

Behind Closed Doors by B.A. Paris... A Review

Terrifying, Chilling, and a true page turner! The publisher said I would be hooked by page 25... I was intrigued... by page 40 I was immersed in the story... and by page 100 I desperately needed to know what happened next... and I stayed up all night and into the wee hours reading to find out.

The story is about Grace and Jack. A perfect couple. A perfect wife. A perfect husband with movie star good looks, with a job as a lawyer defending abused women. What if the perfect husband turned out to be "not so perfect", and you knew that no one would believe you? What if you innocently married that perfect guy and discovered on your wedding night that things weren't quite what they appeared to be? What if he thought of... everything. The storyline was so plausible that it was terrifying.

The story is presented in an interesting way too. Told by Grace in alternating "Past" and "Present" chapters, the author unfurls the story in bite size pieces, just enough to get us hooked to go to the next chapter and definitely grabbing our attention. "Past" starts when Grace and Jack first meet, and "Present" starts 1 year after they are married, hosting a dinner party at their home. The timelines slowly move towards eachother and then it's OMG!

I don't want to give away any spoilers, but just lets say you never know what goes on behind closed doors, and Grace, the perfect wife, is in trouble. As the story unfolds, I kept trying to imagine what I would do in her situation. What I could do... I literally could not put this book down until I finished it.

OMG! You have to read this book! The storyline was great, and the writing was flawless.

Like psychological thrillers? Put Behind Closed Doors by B.A. Paris on your TBR list! You will not be disappointed. But you do have to wait until August 9th!

Published by St. Martin's Press, Behind Closed Doors by B.A. Paris will be released and available at your local bookstore Tuesday, August 9th, 2016! I want to thank St Martin's Press for sending along a review copy! I LOVED it!

No comments:

FSB Media Book Blogger Directory
my read shelf:
Suzanne's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
First To Read
Reviews Published
Professional Reader
Challenge Participant