Literary Quote of the Month

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies," said Jojen. "The man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin, A Dance With Dragons

Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Sunday Salon... Bloggiesta 4 Continues

It's Sunday! It's also the final day of Bloggiesta 4! So, just for today, instead of a "normal" Sunday Salon with great "books with buzz" and other bookish things, I'm hard at work on the Chick with Books Blog. Have you heard of Bloggiesta 4? I blogged about Bloggiesta 4 this week on tuesday, and was at the Bloggiesta start line early friday morning! Picture a marathon full of bloggers and you'll have an idea what Bloggiesta is all about- over 200 Bloggers getting together virtually to Plan, Edit, Develop, Review & Organize their blogs and helping each other with questions, tips and a general cheering on! Oh, and BTW, our mascot is that little guy in the corner with the yellow sombrero, and his name is "PEDRO". You can follow all the excitement in Twitter with the hashtag #bloggiesta.

I really have learned quite a bit in the html department this weekend, as well as making forms and labels. I've designed a new contest entry form (that I'll be trying out SOON!) that allows everyone to enter their information and send it along to me privately, so that your email isn't available to spammers. PLUS, I created a button on the left sidebar, "Contact Me?", that allows you to send a little note my way (You can try it out if you want, and say hello!- it would also let me know it's working).

Today, I'm working on making a list of my reviews with links to the actual review. Funny how I just never thought of doing that (also it wasn't the easiest thing to do in Blogger until they made "tabs" available for us Bloggers), I had my reviews listed on the side with covers & links, but rotated them. I'm still going to have the most recent and favorite books reviewed on the sidebar, but soon you'll be able to go to the "Reviews" tab on top and find them all there.

So, off I go... I'll be making a wrap-up post to list all the things I checked off of my "to do" list, and sharing links and any tips I learned, just in case you may want to do a thing or two yourself.

*P.S. Here's a little sample of "What I learned at Bloggiesta 4"... Don't be shy... Fill it out and send it to me! When you hit that submit button, only I will see your answers!

4 comments:

Literary Feline said...

Sounds like you are having fun with this season's Bloggiesta. :-) I haven't participated in one but it's fun to follow participants progress just the same and see all the changes made. I hope you have a great week!

Vasilly said...

You're doing great during Bloggiesta! I still have a few reviews to write before I call it quits. Keep up the great work!

Marie Cloutier said...

Nice! Good luck with your Bloggiesta projects! Still have a few things I need to do but can't help but blog-hop a little, LOL :-)

Suzanne Yester said...

Hi Literary Feline,
I missed out last year, but I decided to plunge in this time. I may have overdone it... I feel totally exhausted! But it was so much fun! And I need the cheering on, so thanks for stopping by even though you weren't "officially" participating! :-)

Hi Vasilly!
You did great too! I did have to finally call it a night though :-) Have a great rest of the weekend!

Hi Marie!
Yes, I had so much fun hopping around to blogs I found while following the bloggiesta tweets! Thanks for stopping by and cheering me on!

FSB Media Book Blogger Directory
my read shelf:
Suzanne's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
First To Read
Reviews Published
Professional Reader
Challenge Participant