Literary Quote of the Month

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies," said Jojen. "The man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin, A Dance With Dragons

Friday, January 14, 2011

First Lines...

"Alpina Lindsay breathed a sigh of relief. It hadn't been easy locating a vampyre none of them had ever met, but finally, after nights of searching for the man, there he was! He certainly matched the description of the man Fiona Macleod had seen in her vision. Leaning against the stone facade of the old inn, Lord Kettering drew deeply on his cheroot as he gazed up at the crescent moon, seemingly without a care in the world."
... It Happened One Bite by Lydia Dare (coming March 2011)

4 comments:

Literary Marie said...

Interesting.

Suzanne Yester said...

Hi Literary Marie!
Yes, it's that time of year when I read romance. I'll be reading this for review and it looks to be a great paranormal read, with Lord Kettering being trapped as a ghost in this abandoned Scottish castle and "meeting" a woman decades later that may be able to release him.

Mason Canyon said...

I am so looking forward to reading this too. I've enjoyed all of Lydia Dare's books and I know this one will be just as good as the others.

Mason
Thoughts in Progress

Suzanne Yester said...

Hi Mason,
This will be my first Lydia Dare book, and I just loved the sound of the plot! I'll have to check out her other books, especially since I know you enjoyed them!

FSB Media Book Blogger Directory
my read shelf:
Suzanne's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
First To Read
Reviews Published
Professional Reader
Challenge Participant