Literary Quote of the Month

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies," said Jojen. "The man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin, A Dance With Dragons

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!


T'was the Night of Thanksgiving

T’was the night of Thanksgiving,
But I just couldn’t sleep.
I tried counting backwards,
I tried counting sheep.
The leftovers beckoned,
The dark meat and white.
But I fought the temptation,
With all of my might.
Tossing and turning,
with anticipation.
The thought of a snack
became infatuation.
So I raced to the kitchen,
Flung open the door,
And gazed at the fridge,
Full of goodies galore.
I gobbled up turkey,
And buttered potatoes,
Pickles and carrots,
Beans and tomatoes.
I felt myself swelling,
So plump and so round.
‘til all of a sudden,
I rose off the ground.
I crashed through the ceiling,
Floating into the sky,
With a mouthful of pudding,
And a handful of pie.
But I managed to yell
As I soared past the trees
Happy eating to all,
Pass the cranberries, please!!
May your stuffing be tasty
May your turkey be plump.
May your potatoes and gravy
Have nary a lump.
May your yams be delicious,
May your pies take the prize
And May your Thanksgiving dinner
Stay off of your thighs!
...written by Lauren

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Day!

7 comments:

Sharon said...

Thank you! Same to you!

Heidi V said...

Enjoy the day! Happy Turkey day!

Anonymous said...

LOL turkeys. Happy Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

I love the turkey who's popped his thingie...wait a minute, that doesn't sound good. ;)

Suzanne Yester said...

Hi Everyone!
Glad everyone enjoyed the turkeys! Bellezza, there actually was a racier turkey cartoon with the popper, but it is Thanksgiving! :D

BookHounds said...

Love the blog...I gave you an award.

http://maryinhb.blogspot.com/2009/11/i-won-award.html

Suzanne Yester said...

Hi Mary!
Thank you so much!

FSB Media Book Blogger Directory
my read shelf:
Suzanne's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
First To Read
Reviews Published
Professional Reader
Challenge Participant