Literary Quote of the Month

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies," said Jojen. "The man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin, A Dance With Dragons

Friday, April 22, 2011

First Lines...

"Once upon a time there were twelve Princesses...
My voice surprises me. It's perfectly steady, the voice of a normal mother on a normal day-- as though everything is just the same as it always was...."
The Soldiers Wife by Margaret Leroy, coming June 28th, 2011
When I opened up this book and started reading it to get a feel for it, I could hardly pull myself away. The story completely drew me in, and Margaret Leroy's writing was beautiful. I can't wait to devote my full attention to it and give you my full review!

2 comments:

Pam (@iwriteinbooks) said...

What a great quote! This looks stunning. Can't wait to hear more about it!

Lori Johnston said...

Love the vintage look of the cover - it's stunning!

FSB Media Book Blogger Directory
my read shelf:
Suzanne's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
First To Read
Reviews Published
Professional Reader
Challenge Participant