Literary Quote of the Month

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies," said Jojen. "The man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin, A Dance With Dragons

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Harry Potter grows up... Digitally

Have you been waiting patiently to read those Harry Potter books because the thought of carrying around an 800 page tombe, and a YA novel at that, was just too much, and you thought maybe someday J.K. Rowling would relent and allow her books to be published electronically?! Well, your wait may be over! The Scotman is reporting that J.K. Rowling is now considering putting her books in ebook form. This gives a nod to the digital world, and shows us just how important the digital book publishing is becoming.

Professor Claire Squires, director of Stirling University's centre for international publishing and communication, said: "It is akin to the Beatles allowing their music to be launched on iTunes."

If Ms. Rowling does indeed publish Harry in ebook form, there is some internet chatter about how eReader sales will be blowing out the door. What do you think? There certainly won't be any midnight release parties at the local Borders here (or any release parties for that matter), but I'm sure magically through the midnight hours, owls will be delivering ebooks to eReaders everywhere....

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I read about this the other day, I am super excited about this! I have all of the physical books... but I would love to be able to read them anytime anywhere on my phone or kindle!

Suzanne Yester said...

Hi Lisa!
Yes, I've read them too, but would LOVE to have all of them (and their thousands of pages) in my nice little Kindle. I hope she does indeed go forward with the plans!

FSB Media Book Blogger Directory
my read shelf:
Suzanne's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
First To Read
Reviews Published
Professional Reader
Challenge Participant