Literary Quote of the Month

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies," said Jojen. "The man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin, A Dance With Dragons

Friday, February 7, 2020

First Lines Friday


Oona stopped trusting the mirror years ago. After all, it told only a sliver of the story.

This isn’t me. I am not this woman.

The mirror exposed time’s passage, yes, but eclipsed her heart’s true mileage. The lined face, the extra pounds, the hair chemically treated to hide its gray. Each year the body was hers, but her mind was out of sync with her reflection. Always playing catch-up, trying to rearrange the scrambled pieces of her life.

                                          ...Oona Out of Order by Margarita Montimore

I love time travel stories. When I spotted this soon to be published book, I read things like light, fun, quirky when talking about it. I'm curious about it and have put it on my wishlist. Though I know it will be nothing like The Time Travelers Wife, one of my all time favorite books, I think quirky may work. Coming February 20th from Flatiron Books.

No comments:

FSB Media Book Blogger Directory
my read shelf:
Suzanne's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
First To Read
Reviews Published
Professional Reader
Challenge Participant