Literary Quote of the Month

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies," said Jojen. "The man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin, A Dance With Dragons

Friday, July 9, 2010

First Lines...

I was fourteen when I stopped believing in God. At the time it wasn't dramatic. I remember lying in the bedroom of that old, drafty house and thinking: If you are there, I hope you'll forgive me if I stop believing in you for a while, because right now I just don't see a reason. When you're fourteen, you don't have much reason to believe one way or the other. Everyone tells you what to do and anything you want is in within arm's reach Then you grow up, and you start disbelieving for other reasons."
...Taroko Gorge by Jacob Ritari

4 comments:

Darlene said...

Great lines. I've been really curious about this book. I'll be watching for your thoughts on it.

Anonymous said...

What a great start to a book.

Suzanne Yester said...

Hi Dar!
Yes, I've been chomping at the bits to read this and now I finally have the opportunity!

Suzanne Yester said...

Hi Page!
Yes, it's a great start and it's just as good the further I get into it!

FSB Media Book Blogger Directory
my read shelf:
Suzanne's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
First To Read
Reviews Published
Professional Reader
Challenge Participant