Literary Quote of the Month

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies," said Jojen. "The man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin, A Dance With Dragons

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

First Lines...

"Bodies, bodies. The beach was crowded, Marcella had not expected all these people everywhere-- she had forgotten it was Saturday, forgotten, even, that it was June. Today, after Anthony's phone call, she had come here gulping for broad sky, a long horizon, a vast and indifferent emptiness;"
........The Swimming Pool, Holly LeCraw

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Do you listen to Books on the Nightstand?

Suzanne Yester said...

Hi Melissa!
I Love BOTN! I heard that great interview with Holly LeCraw! I have that book on my nightstand to crack open! Thanks for mentioning it though just in case I missed it! I thought it would be a great time to blurb the first lines of that book!

Melissa said...

I thought you might be a fellow listener. It's one of my favorite podcasts. They have definitely made that TBR pile on my nightstand, floor, desk, under the bed and everywhere else a book will fit, much higher.

Suzanne Yester said...

Oh Melissa,
I bet if my DH could "block" the BOTN website he would! I'm with you- nightstand, floor, desk etc. etc. I always find their recommendations great. One of their recommendations I've been dying to read is The Passage! Wish I could get an ARC of that!

Melissa said...

You and me both! I think I'm going to break down and order it from Amazon. I just started The Lost City of Z today. That's one I probably never would have picked up if not for BOTN.

FSB Media Book Blogger Directory
my read shelf:
Suzanne's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
First To Read
Reviews Published
Professional Reader
Challenge Participant