Literary Quote of the Month

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies," said Jojen. "The man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin, A Dance With Dragons

Friday, March 25, 2011

First Lines...

"Everyone has a story but I was never interested in telling my own. I was an editor of book, not a writer. I loved to find sense in someone else's chaos, uncover the intent of a sentence or paragraph that only hunted at a truth. At least that was how I felt until I met Sandy Portman.
The first time I saw him my world tilted. Ridiculous, I know, but seeing him that first time jarred me so deeply that I had to turn away, like turning away from looking directly at the sun, and pretend I hadn't noticed him at all."
...Emily and Einstein by Linda Francis Lee

2 comments:

carla said...

Oh, I think I want it just for the cover! Is that Einstein? He is adorable! The story sounds good too.

Suzanne Yester said...

Yes, that is "Einstein"! Doesn't he look smart?! I've got my nose in this book right now am really enjoying it!

FSB Media Book Blogger Directory
my read shelf:
Suzanne's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
First To Read
Reviews Published
Professional Reader
Challenge Participant