Literary Quote of the Month

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies," said Jojen. "The man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin, A Dance With Dragons

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Graphic Novel Reading Challenge 2014



The Graphic Novel Reading Challenge 2014

The 7th Year of this Challenge starts in 2014!

It's time to start signing up for the 2014 Graphic Novel Reading Challenge! This reading challenge is  hosted by Nicola of It's All Comic to Me.

Here's How it works…

Trying to keep things simple this year.  There will be 3 levels of play this year.  Please write a sign-up post on your blog and then sign-up below with a link to your specific sign-up post (NOT to your home page).

What counts:  graphic novels, collected trade editions, manga, comic strip collections, comic books. In print or digital. Anything else you feel is suitable.  My criteria is if it has either frames OR speech bubbles it counts.  I'm not going to be the comic police but if you are unsure, ask me in the comments any given month.

Here is how the Challenge will play out this year:

runs from Jan.1 - Dec. 31, 2014

Levels

Modern Age: read and review 12 books during the year (that's only 1 book a month)

Bronze Age: read and review 24 books during the year (Can you handle 2 books a month.)

Silver Age: read and review 52 books during the year (Are you up to a book a week!)

You must sign up for a level, but once you complete that level you may move up and try for the next one.

You can find more info and sign up for the challenge at the Graphic Novels Challenge Blog.

I have slowly become a graphic novel junkie. I am a bit picky though, I really look for graphic novels that have great art and that are hand lettered. It's easier to find the graphic novels with wonderful drawings than it is to find the ones that don't use computer generated texts, but that's just preference not the absolute rule. For this years challenge I will be going for the Modern Age Level, which means I will be challenging myself to read 12 graphic novels this year. I already have a few waiting in the wings that I'll be sharing with you all! I will be posting what books I have read here, so bookmark this post if you'd like to see what books I have read to meet the challenge. Also, share any great graphic novels you've read or read during the year here too! I'll share them with everyone here.

Graphic Novels Read for The Challenge…

1. Saga Vol. 1 

2. Relish by Lucy Knisley

3. This One Summer by Jillian Tamaki and Mariko Tamaki

4. Ooku: The Inner Chambers by Fumi Yoshinaga (Books 1 - 7)

5. Battle Royale by Koushun Takami and Masayuki Taguchi (Books 1 - 15… WHOLE series)

6. Doubt by Tonogai, Yoshiki



4 comments:

Nikki in Niagara said...

Welcome to the challenge Suzanne!

Nikki in Niagara said...

Welcome to the challenge Suzanne!

Suzanne Yester said...

Thanks Nicola! And thanks for hosting this great challenge!

Holly Letson said...

This sounds like a challenge I would love.

FSB Media Book Blogger Directory
my read shelf:
Suzanne's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
First To Read
Reviews Published
Professional Reader
Challenge Participant