Friday, January 10, 2014
Love Dystopian books? Then this is just the right thing for you! If you're as big of a fan as I am of post-apocalyptic dystopia books (and even if your are not) you are welcome to join the challenge!
We will try to read 24 Dystopian books in 2014 as the challenge goal, which means 2 per month, if you would like to read them monthly. You can of course make your own schedule and read less or more than that. 2 per month is plenty because it still gives you time to explore and love books from other genres.
At the end of the year there will also be a giveaway with great prizes!
* The challenge will run from January 1, 2014 to December 31, 2014. Each month will have its own link form so you will be able to share your book reviews. You do not have to review the books you read to participate, but only those who read/reviewed at least one dystopian book will be able to participate in the giveaway (you can track your reading without the reviews with Goodreads, Shelfari etc.).
* Books that count in this challenge must include any form of post-apocalyptic theme (book sites like Goodreads are good sources of genre information). The books must be full-length.
* All formats allowed.
* Rereads allowed (but not the same book five times in a year!).
* It does not matter whether it's a series or a stand-alone book.
* If you are participating, grab the challenge button from below and post it on you blog. You can also make a post with the header (the code is also below). Please include the link back to this post so others will be able to participate as well.
* If you will participate, put the sign-up link to your blog post (about the challenge) or blog (for the button) directly into the linky below. Sign-ups will be open until December 15, 2014.
* You do not have to list your books in advance, go and do as you please. Read as many as you want and whenever you want, as long as you have fun!
* Info about the giveaway will be available in December 2014.
* Do not cheat with books of other themes/genres/topics because I do check!
Level 1: Recruit (1 to 6 books)
Level 2: Rebel (7 to 12 books)
Level 3: Revolutionist (13 to 18 books)
Level 4: Leader (19+ books)
Each time you reach a new level, you will receive a badge.
This reading challenge is hosted by Ula on her blog, Blog of Erised. For more information and to sign-up, go to Blog of Erised.
My hundredth reading challenge of the year. I LOVE Dystopia! Books such as The Hunger Games, The Delirium series, The Giver, and one of my all time favorite books, The Unit by Ninni Holmqvist are all Dystopian reads. Though I don't consider myself a "Recruit", I am going to sign up for Level 1. I do a lot of reading during the year and should have no problem reading 6 Dystopian novels, but I also do a lot of reading of other genres and don't want to infringe on their reading space.
What do you think? Up for a little Dystopian? I'll be posting my books here, so book mark this post if you'd like to see what books I'm reading for the challenge. Thanks Ula for hosting The Dystopian Reading Challenge for another year!