Do you like Bingo? This Bingo isn't played in a hall with an announcer calling out the numbers drawn, but it does have a Bingo card you must fill in during the year. I love playing games, and I just couldn't resist playing along with this reading game, so I signed up! It will be a challenge (there are a lot of books to read if you want to fill in the whole card), but hey, I have a whole year and I love reading anyway! To "win" or meet the challenge, you don't have to fill in the whole card, just one line either horizontal, vertical or diagonal, just like Bingo, but why not try for more?! This is the 2014 Book Bingo Reading Challenge, hosted by Anne from Creativity's Corner and Kristilyn from Reading in Winter. I'll be posting the books I've read for this challenge at the bottom of this post..
Here are the rules and the official Bingo Card…
Of course, a challenge isn’t really a challenge unless there are some rules and guidelines:
1. Be awesome. If you’re not, this isn’t going to work.
2. The challenge runs from January 1 to December 31, 2014.
3. If you want to participate, you can join in any time of the year! Feel free to write up a blog post with the rules linking back to my and Anne’s blog in your sign-up post. You can add your post to the Linky at the end of this post!
4. If you read one book for the “1 book” in any category, you can’t change it later on when you read another book to “2 books.” Once a square is crossed off, it’s crossed off for good! (Feel free to print off the scoreboard to keep track!)
5. Books read for one square are for that square ONLY and cannot be counted towards another category. This is all about reading ALL THE BOOKS.
6. The FREE SQUARES are a little different this year — now you can use those squares to read ANY book you like of any genre! Woo!
7. You can start your board over again, but ONLY if you receive the stamp of awesome by completing a blackout. The “winners” of the challenge will be the ones who achieve the most winning combinations by the end of 2014.
8. You can feel free to post your reading list for each category, though it’s not a requirement.
9. Having a blog or writing reviews for books read is not required. So long as you want to have fun, you can participate!
10. Every 3 months I will post an update here and all participants can link to their own updates. An update post will go up April 1st, July 1st, October 1st, and December 31st.
11. This isn’t a race, but don’t be afraid to rub your reads in the other player’s face. This will be seen as encouragement. Feel free to use the hashtag #BookBingo2014 on Twitter!
Doesn't this sound like a lot of fun?! Interested in joining? You can check out all the details, how to be an awesome player and find the place to sign up at Reading in Winter!
Books Read for the Challenge…
Three Souls by Janie Chang for The Square: New Releases: One Book.