Literary Quote of the Month

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies," said Jojen. "The man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin, A Dance With Dragons

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Japanese Literature Challenge 4

The Japanese Literature Challenge 4

Another Reading Challenge! I've been looking forward to The Japanese Literature Challenge since last year, when I was introduced to the beautiful prose and slight supernatural elements found in the writing of such Japanese authors as Takuji Ichikawa and Taichi Yamada. Dolce Bellezza is hosting the challenge again welcoming us with open arms into the world of Japanese Literature! There is a review site to post links to the books you've read, and a list of reading suggestions to help us along!

The Challenge is simple... Read one or more works of Japanese Literature between June 1, 2010 and January 30, 2011. Are you up for the Challenge?! I am! Visit Dolce Bellezza to learn more! And in the meantime, I'll be putting the beautiful Challenge Button up on my sidebar and you can click on it to see how I'm doing on the Challenge. I'll post all links to the books I've read for the Challenge here! Want to see how I did last year? You can find out at Japanese Literature Challenge 3. The Challenge didn't nudge me hard enought to read Haruki Murakami, which I wanted to accomplish, but there's always this year!

Happy reading... Suzanne

8 comments:

Cath said...

This sounds great! I can't wait to read about your picks. :)

John Macdonald said...

Me too, I have a brother lives out there and I take an interest.

bermudaonion said...

Good luck with the challenge!

Esme said...

This is a beautiful button-I tried reading one Murakami book last year but it had the decaptitation of cats in it and it was right after I lost my cast-not sure why a friend gave me that book-I have not been able to pick up any of his books since.

Suzanne Yester said...

Oh Esme!
I have a hard time reading books that have any violence against animals! It sounds like your friend must not have known about that part of Murakami's book! How awful! And yes, I wouldn't be picking up any of his books any time soon after that either. So sorry about losing one of your babies...

Suzanne Yester said...

Hi Connie!
I have a BIG pile of books for this challenge, not it's going to be a challenge just picking out the first!

Suzanne Yester said...

Hi John,
How interesting that your brother lives in Japan! I've read so many books that describe the beauty of Japan I would love to travel there myself. Have you had the opportunity to visit your brother out there?

Suzanne Yester said...

Hi bermudaonion!
Thanks for the good wishes! I just can't help myself in joining some of these challenges! Too bad there are none on the Summer Books challenge that will work here too! ;-)

FSB Media Book Blogger Directory
my read shelf:
Suzanne's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
First To Read
Reviews Published
Professional Reader
Challenge Participant