Literary Quote of the Month

“For poems are not, as people think, simply emotions (one has emotions early enough)—they are experiences,” … Rilke, The Notebooks of Malte Laurids Brigge.

Saturday, June 12, 2010

First Lines...

"Light from April's full moon swept over the Museum's facade and down the building's marble veneer. It illuminated the man-sized letters that hung high and large enough for a person as far uptown as Canal Street to see, spelling out Barnum's American Museum. From where I sat in my fourth floor window, nearly all of Manhattan's sky was visible."

...The Transformation of Bartholomew Fortuno by Ellen Bryson (coming 6/22)

3 comments:

Diane said...

I want to read this one as well; sounds good!

Suzanne said...

Hi Diane!
I just received this in the mail this week and after reading the first few chapters I am really enjoying it! Kind of reminds me of Water for Elephants in a way.

Helen Ginger said...

So many great sounding books. I think the one that most interests me is On Folly Beach. Thanks.

Straight From Hel

my read shelf:
Suzanne's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Book & Blogs

Visit the Place Bloggers Talk...

New Feature! Follow Me!

giveaway over