Ever play 20 questions? Thanks to Trish of Love, Laughter and Insanity for sharing these bookish questions with her fellow bloggers to enjoy! Here's my answers...
1. What is your favorite fictional food or drink? Although I have not actually drunk any, I would love to try some Butterbeer! A favorite in the world of Harry Potter, you can actually find a recipe from The Food Network now. I may have to give it a go!
2. How long did it take you to finish your last book? I took me 9 days to finish Concussion by Jeannie Marie Laskas. I would have finished it sooner, but I started reading Find Her by Lisa Gardner on my Kindle and couldn't stop reading it (I took 5 days to finish Find Her!)
3. How many times do you stare at your books or bookshelves each day? Since I have books in almost every room, I would have to say I am constantly starring at my books. Some are on bookshelves and some are piles of books.
4. How many Goodreads friends and books do you have? I never really checked to see how many friends I have until today... I have 510 Goodreads friends! And I have 388 books on my Goodreads shelf.
5. Do you ever quote books in public? No. Wish I could remember quotes from my favorite books!
6. Do you ever re-read books? Very rarely... the last re-read was Charlotte's Web by E.B. White, and that's because the 60th (I think it was the 60th) anniversary edition of the book came out and I bought it and thought I would read it again.
7. Do you judge a book by its cover? Yes... Sorry, but it is true. If there is an awful cover, it just puts me off. That doesn't necessarily mean I won't read it, but if no one has recommended it, I've never heard of it, and it has an ugly cover I will usually pass it by.
8. Instagram, Twitter or Tumblr? Definitely Twitter, then Tumblr, and one of these days I'm going to post to Instagram.
9. Which genres take you the longest to read? I would probably say Classics. I feel obligated to concentrate more.
10. Who are your favourite BookTubers (or Book Bloggers)? Too many to mention. I love the Book Blogging community and they're all great people!
11. How often do you pre-order books? Rarely. I did recently pre-order The Ex by Alafair Burke, because I had read a sample of the book and HAD to continue and knew I wouldn't get to a bookstore any time soon. But by the time it came, I had my nose in another book and have not had a chance to get back to it!
12. Are you a shopaholic? When it comes to books - yes! I'm not really a Mall kind of girl, but tell me about a bookstore and I'm there!
13. How many times have you re-read your favourite book? Never. I'm just not a re-reader. Although I save my favorite books, almost like a shrine on the bookshelves, and one day I may just open one up and start revisiting them. What book would I love to read for the first time again? Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone!
14. Do you own a lot of books? Yes! I hate to part with books! In an effort to downsize my growing numbers, I have donated many to the local library and given many away to friends. I moved from a house to smaller digs and had to put books in storage!
15. Do you take pictures of your books before you read them? No... I never heard of anyone doing that. I guess I have photographed them for a post before, but that would be the only time.
16. Do you read every day? Yes, I usually read at lunch time. I sometimes read before going to bed.
17. How do you choose a new book? I look at lots of bookish websites, blogs, and publications to see what sounds interesting to me. Sometimes I'll be in a bookstore and just browse until something reins me in. That's the most fun.
18. Do you always have a book with you? Yes. At the very least I have my Android phone with Kindle and Google books available. And if I know I'm going to be "waiting" somewhere, I'll take either a book I'm reading or an eReader.
19. What are your biggest distractions from reading? Work, photography, ukulele playing, crafts, cooking, a great husband I like to spend time with!
20. What is your favourite place to buy books? My favorite place to buy a book is a Indie bookstore, but since I generally don't have time to get to the one that's the next town over from me, I end up online at either Amazon or Barnes & Noble.
Wasn't that fun! What are some of YOUR answers to these questions?