Literary Quote of the Month

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies," said Jojen. "The man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin, A Dance With Dragons

Monday, January 4, 2021

Memoir Monday... Yes, Matthew McConaughey is Cute!

Yes, Matthew McConaughey is cute and I have loved watching him on the big screen, but do I really want to read a memoir written by him? Is there some substance in those pages or is the publisher banking on the fact that yes, Matthew McConaughey is cute? I have to say that I am a bit tired of celebrity memoirs, as though that in itself makes an interesting story...

But I have to say, yes, Matthew McConaughey is cute, but so is his memoir, Greenlights

"This is an approach book... This is a playbook based on adventures in my life."

As you look through Greenlights it becomes apparent quite soon that this isn't your "normal" memoir. There are pages of post-it-notes and polaroids and short little snippets of life that Matthew McConaughey shares throughout the book and in-between longer anecdotes. As I opened the book and sampled some of his writing, I noticed something else... the writing is really good! He kind of pulls you into his story, just like he does on the big screen. 

Greenlights by Matthew McConaughey... an unconventional memoir filled with raucous stories, outlaw wisdom, and lessons learned the hard way about living with greater satisfaction.

Published in October of 2020 by Crown Publishing, this is on my nightstand waiting for me to fully dive in!


No comments:

FSB Media Book Blogger Directory
my read shelf:
Suzanne's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
First To Read
Reviews Published
Professional Reader
Challenge Participant