Literary Quote of the Month

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies," said Jojen. "The man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin, A Dance With Dragons

Sunday, July 31, 2016

The Sunday Salon and End of Summer Sale on eBooks

Welcome to The Sunday Salon and The Sunday Post! It's that day of the week bloggers from all over the internet get together virtually in a large gathering place called The Sunday Salon and talk books!  And at The Sunday Post, which is a weekly meme hosted by The Caffeinated Book Reviewer, in which more bloggers share their bookish news!

Today I saw an add in my email for an end of summer sale at Williams Sonoma. END OF SUMMER?! I suppose in New England, the end of July does make us think of getting all those summery things done that we want to do before it snows. But summer is still here and I still have a long list of reading for all those books that came out this year that I haven't had time for yet. But just like the end of summer sale at William Sonoma, book publishers run sales too, and today I just saw a bunch of those books on my TBR list pop up on eBook sales. Yes, it's interesting to see how publishers happily discount eBooks every once in a while to get them in our hands. When the choice is between an eBook and a paperback, if there isn't a big difference, I go for the paperback. But here are some books where there's no doubt...

If you want to read any of these books, and don't want to patronize the library, and have an eReader, grab these while you can. THESE ARE TODAY ONLY sale prices!!!

And one more thing... these eBook prices change without notice, so always check the price before clicking the "buy" button...

The Girls by Emma Cline... An indelible portrait of girls, the women they become, and that moment in life when everything can go horribly wrong—this stunning first novel is perfect for readers of Jeffrey Eugenides’s The Virgin Suicides and Jennifer Egan’s A Visit from the Goon Squad.

LINK for Kindle book TODAY ONLY... $4.99
LINK for Nook book... $4.99





Eligible by Curtis Sittenfeld... a modern retelling of Pride and Prejudice NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER • Wonderfully tender and hilariously funny, Eligible tackles gender, class, courtship, and family as Curtis Sittenfeld reaffirms herself as one of the most dazzling authors writing today.

LINK for Kindle book... $3.99
LINK for Nook book...  $3.99





The Murder of Mary Russell by Laurie King... NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER • Laurie R. King’s Mary Russell–Sherlock Holmes series weaves rich historical detail and provocative themes with intriguing characters and enthralling suspense. Russell and Holmes have become one of modern literature’s most beloved teams. But does this adventure end it all?

LINK for Kindle book... $1.99
LINK for Nook book... $1.99






The Hypnotist's Love Story by Liane Moriarty... Ellen O’Farrell is a professional hypnotherapist who works out of the eccentric beachfront home she inherited from her grandparents. It’s a nice life, except for her tumultuous relationship history. She’s stoic about it, but at this point, Ellen wouldn’t mind a lasting one. When she meets Patrick, she’s stic. He’s attractive, single, employed, and best of all, he seems to like her back. Then comes that dreaded moment: He thinks they should have a talk. Braced for the worst, Ellen is pleasantly surprised. It turns out that Patrick’s ex-girlfriend is stalking him. Ellen thinks, Actually, that’s kind of interesting. She’s dating someone worth stalking. She’s intrigued by the woman’s motives. In fact, she’d even love to meet her... Ellen doesn’t know it, but she already has.

  LINK for Kindle book... $3.99
  LINK for Nook book... $3.99

Other Notable Mentions...

A Little Life by Hanya Yanagihara
LINK for Kindle book... $4.99
LINK for Nook book... $4.99

Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng
LINK for Kindle book... $4.99
LINK for Nook book... $4.99

Wreckage by Emiily Bleeker
LINK for Kindle book... $1.99
Not available as a Nook book

The Summerhouse by Jude Deveraux
LINK for Kindle book... $1.99
LINK for Nook book... $1.99


Question... Hardcover, Paperback or eBook?

I enjoy getting a bargain when I buy books. I hope you found something here that you were thinking about, because today is definitely the day to grab any of these. Of course I have a TBR pile in my Kindle as well as on my book shelves, but at least they're a little easier to handle on the Kindle....

Have a great week! Happy reading... Suzanne



6 comments:

Molly said...

I am still old-fashioned enough to prefer a paperback... but I can't turn down a great e-book bargain!

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

I almost never pick an ebook over a real book...unless I'm headed off on vacation.

Suzanne Yester said...

Yes, Cozy, if there's not much difference between the paperback and the ebook, I prefer the paperback. I try to remind myself I want to read the words and how I get to do that isn't important, but it's hard sometimes. One of the hardcover books I bought for vacation had its ebook equivalent incredibly cheap and I almost wish I had waited.

Suzanne Yester said...

Yes, Deb, loading up the Kindle with ebooks is so much easier than lugging them along, especially if I'm getting on a plane, but like you, I just love having that book in my hand.

Greg said...

As a fairly new ebook reader I do like when they go on sale! I might have to get the Hypnotist's Love Story as I'm a big fan of Liane Moriarty after reading Big Little Lies. Looking forward to her new one as well although sadly that one won't be on sale anytime soon. :)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
FSB Media Book Blogger Directory
my read shelf:
Suzanne's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
First To Read
Reviews Published
Professional Reader
Challenge Participant