Literary Quote of the Month

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies," said Jojen. "The man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin, A Dance With Dragons

Friday, March 25, 2016

First Lines Friday...




"Today I wondered What is the worth of a day? Once, a day was long. It was bright and then it wasn't, meals happened, and school happened, and sports practice, maybe, happened, and two days from this day there would be a test, or an English paper would be due, or there would be a party for which I'd been waiting, it would seem, for years."
                                                                     ... The Folded Clock by Heidi Julavits

...Would you keep reading?

4 comments:

Barbara said...

Indeed, I would. I'm intrigued and want to know what comes next.

Suzanne Yester said...

Me too, Barbara! I purchased this book and just briefly skimmed it. The prose is simply beautiful and I can't wait to start sinking my teeth into it!

Thanks for stopping by!

Anne@HeadFullofBooks said...

I am not sure I would keep reading based on the first line but then I suspect that the lovely cover and title would intrigue me enough to read on. What do you think of the book?

Suzanne Yester said...

So far I am enjoying the book, Anne. It's not quite what I thought it would be, it's kind of like random diary entries about all sorts of things, but one thing I can say is that her writing is wonderful. I will update my thoughts on it as I read on.

Thanks for stopping by!

FSB Media Book Blogger Directory
my read shelf:
Suzanne's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
First To Read
Reviews Published
Professional Reader
Challenge Participant