Literary Quote of the Month

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies," said Jojen. "The man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin, A Dance With Dragons

Saturday, January 1, 2022

First Book of the Year... 2022

 

It's hard to believe that 2021 actually came to an end. And as much as we all have moved along in our lives, life as we have always known it has changed. It's changed me. I don't feel the absolute freedom of going where I want to go and doing what I want. There is this second guessing about just walking into a grocery store. Has all this stifled our creativity? Do we need a reboot? At the start of the new year, I never make resolutions any more. But I have intensions. The Artists Way was a phenomenon way back in the beginning of the 90's, but I think it's message can be relevant today. For people who yearn to be creative, but maybe feel stuck where they are, this could be the answer... and it is my First Book of the Year 2022! There is also a companion workbook available. Way back during some black friday specials, Amazon was offering a great deal on the combo and I took advantage of it. I had intended to start reading this and doing the required journaling when it actually arrived, but that did not happen and gives me the perfect opportunity to start the year off with a path to unleashing some unknown creativity in me. Good luck if you decide to join me!

The Artists Way A Spiritual Path To Higher Creativity by Julia Cameron... Since its first publication, The Artist's Way phenomena has inspired... millions of readers to embark on a creative journey and find a deeper connection to process and purpose. Julia Cameron's novel approach guides readers in uncovering problems areas and pressure points that may be restricting their creative flow and offers techniques to free up any areas where they might be stuck, opening up opportunities for self-growth and self-discovery. 

 The program begins with Cameron’s most vital tools for creative recovery – The Morning Pages, a daily writing ritual of three pages of stream-of-conscious, and The Artist Date, a dedicated block of time to nurture your inner artist. From there, she shares hundreds of exercises, activities, and prompts to help readers thoroughly explore each chapter. She also offers guidance on starting a “Creative Cluster” of fellow artists who will support you in your creative endeavors.

A revolutionary program for personal renewal, The Artist's Way will help get you back on track, rediscover your passions, and take the steps you need to change your life.

1 comment:

Harvee said...

The only craft that I enjoyed, for a while, was jewelry making. I may get back to it sometime this year.

FSB Media Book Blogger Directory
my read shelf:
Suzanne's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
First To Read
Reviews Published
Professional Reader
Challenge Participant