Literary Quote of the Month

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies," said Jojen. "The man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin, A Dance With Dragons

Saturday, February 1, 2014

A Perfect Chick Book for Valentine's Day… Are You My Boyfriend by C.B. Bryza (a Review)

I love a girl with confidence! And the girl in Are You My Boyfriend by C.B.  Bryza, and illustrated by Simon Greiner, certainly has it all… BUT a Boyfriend! She's got great friends, a wonderful family, she's financially independent, so she should have a boyfriend to finish the picture, right? Well, in this wonderful picture book, a parody of the classic Dr. Seuss book, Are You My Mother? by P.D. Eastman, our girl goes looking for love, only to find out that true love will ultimately find its way to you. Her journey along the way is humorous, but heartfelt, and is a perfect tale, and very relatable for any of us girls who've ever looked for love.

"Is her boyfriend the poker-faced tough guy, the wealthy cad full of empty promises, or the nice average dude who’s really more into her friend? From the coffee shop, to the movie theater, to the self-help section of the bookstore, our heroine encounters a host of potential mates who could be perfect—for someone else. Will she ever have a happily-ever-after?" ~ from the publisher

What did I think? I loved it! Reminded me of the Dr. Seuss books I use to read, and the illustrations were in that beautiful retro style too! The story itself is charming, humorous and so true! Written for us Grown-Ups, Are You My Boyfriend would also be a great book for your teenage daughter, because there are lessons to be learned in these pages, about self respect, and self confidence. But for us Grown-Ups, it's a fun tale of looking for love in all the wrong places, and finding true love in the most unexpected way. Are you My Boyfriend is available February 4th,  from your favorite bookstore! I'm thinking it would make a perfect gift for your BFF!

 *P.S. This would also make a perfect Valentines Day gift for your someone special- your soul mate!

I want to thank Gallery Books and Simon & Schuster for sending along a review copy for me! 

No comments:

FSB Media Book Blogger Directory
my read shelf:
Suzanne's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
First To Read
Reviews Published
Professional Reader
Challenge Participant