Literary Quote of the Month

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies," said Jojen. "The man who never reads lives only one." - George R.R. Martin, A Dance With Dragons

Friday, July 15, 2011

First Lines... I Gave My Heart to Know This by Ellen Baker

"Violet set out from the little white house walking, but, when the pains came, she was brought to her knees. Watching the puffs of her breath make steam, she willed herself not to make a sound, not to give in to this sensation that wanted to strand her and her baby on this lonely road."
I Gave My Heart to Know This by Ellen Baker, "a sweeping multigenerational saga of the searing power of war, memory, friendship, and family. " and coming this August 2 to a bookstore near you!

2 comments:

Mary (Bookfan) said...

Hi Suzanne, I just found out EB will be at my local indie next month. Sadly, I'll be out of town but I plan to read this. I enjoyed her first book.
Have a good weekend!

Pam (@iwriteinbooks) said...

Wow, it sounds like an emotionally charged read!

FSB Media Book Blogger Directory
my read shelf:
Suzanne's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
First To Read
Reviews Published
Professional Reader
Challenge Participant